Friday, January 27, 2012

Pregnancy: 19 Weeks

Another week has come and gone. Here's what's happening right now....


What's going on with the baby right now?
-She is about 6" from crown to rump (10" head to toe) and weighs about 8.5oz
-Hair is starting to grow on her head, which I can believe because the heartburn has already started.  I imagine that she will be born with a full head of hair just like Hannah.
-She is pretty much fully formed now and just have some growing and fattening up to do.  She will weigh more than 15 times her current weight by birth!  WOW!

What's going on with me?
-Yep, still nauseous all day!  It does seem to get slightly better throughout the day, but still have some days that are worse than others.
-I'm peeing all the time, which really this development is happening later than normal.  Normally by the second trimester the uterus has moved up higher in your abdomen, therefore making the urge to pee less frequent.  However, because of all the weight loss in the first trimester, I feel like most of the normal first trimester things are happening now.  So yeah for frequent bathroom breaks in the middle of the night.
-My appetite is definitely growing.  It's still not huge and I still have a lot of food issues (many things I can't stand the thought of and moments where nothing sounds good), but when I do find something I like I eat a good amount of it.  For example, last night I made a Blueberry Cornmeal Cake and ate two large pieces.  So good!
-I now only have 9 pounds to gain back before I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight. So that means I gained 1 pound in the last week.  I did break out a few maternity shirts this week, although not because I needed to, more because I wanted to.  Man they are comfy! :-)
-I finally have a baby bump!  (But of course no belly pic to show for it yet!)  It's still small in the morning and progressively gets bigger throughout the day, but it's there!  YEAH!
-Next appointment: February 8 for another ultrasound! (We had to move it back one day because of Brian's schedule)

Good news!  We have sold several things on Craigslist and Ebay that were taking up space in the new nursery.  We've even made several hundred dollars on it!  Yeah!  There is still a lot of stuff in that room, but we are weeding through it.  Unfortunately a lot of it will end up in the guest room, making that room very crowded.  Maybe it is time for us to actually use the attic.

No comments:

Post a Comment