Another month has gone by and you are 8 months old. Hard to believe that you are closer to your 1 year birthday than to the day you were born. You aren't listening to me when I whisper in your ear, "Slow down!" Don't you know you are supposed to always listen to your mommy! But these days you don't slow down for much. You are all over the place! Into everything! You started crawling a few days after you turned 7 months old and haven't slowed down since. You are starting to pull yourself up on things now too. But you haven't quite mastered that yet, which I'm happy about. I am in no rush for you to grow up. If you decide that you want to stay my little peanut forever, I'm okay with that!
Here's what you are up to these days (besides crawling):
- You still have no teeth and no real signs of any coming in....I am loving that. No teeth = no biting while nursing! ;-)
- Your obsessed with cell phones and tv remotes...apparently a favorite of all babies. I don't know what it is about these things, but the second you see one you stop everything to try to get it. And shoes...you are obsessed with those too! It's been really hard trying to teach you that those are "no" items. We are going to have our hands full when it comes to discipline with you!
- This month was filled with firsts - first time at the park, first time in a bucket swing, first time at a pumpkin patch, and first time drinking from a straw.
- You sleep with your pacifier for every nap and at night. This was definitely a habit we didn't want you to have, but after exhausting every other measure, we decided it was okay. You sleep much better with it and so do we! ;-)
- The last 3 nights you have slept through the night again! Amazing! Just when I thought I was going to go insane from waking 1-2 times every night, you started sleeping 10-12 hours again....thank you!