What's going on with the baby right now?
- She weighs about 2.25-2.5 pounds and is about 15" long. Her weight has doubled in the last month alone! Wow!
- She is the size of a small cabbage
- Her eyelashes are growing in now...all the final touches!
- I felt her hiccup for the first time this week. Hannah had hiccups constantly while I was pregnant with her (and for the first 3+ months of her life), so I was surprised that it has taken this long for me to feel them with Emma.
- 12 weeks to go!
- So much movement this week! It's like a kickboxing ring in there! Insane!
- This week I gained 1 pound, so overall I am up 8 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. The average weight gain in the third trimester is 11 pounds, which would be amazing, but I have a feeling I will gain a lot more than that. We'll see!
- This week I started the week by cutting my Reglan pills in half, so I was only taking 1/2 a pill per day. YEAH! This was a huge step for me. By the end of the week, I had started doing some research about Reglan (side effects and such) and was horrifid to read all the testimonials of negative side effects people had experienced while on Reglan. I also read on several different sites that you should not take Reglan for any longer than 12 weeks! Oh my! I really wish someone would have told me that. I've been taking it for months now! So I immediately decided it was time to stop taking it completely. Thursday was my first day without it and besides a massive headache, I felt fine. I finally decided to take some tylenol before bed on Thursday night, which helped. So far today (my second day without it) I am feeling great! The biggest shock to me was how many people I found online that said that while they were on Reglan they experience severe depression. DING DING DING! I wouldn't call my "funk" severe depression, but I definitely haven't felt like myself for the past few months. I think I will have a few words with my OBGYN at my appointment on Monday. I am just shocked that no one ever mentioned these side effects to me or the time limit of how long I was supposed to be on it. UGH!
- During this week in my pregnancy with Hannah I stopped taking Zofran completely (a different anti-nausea medication that surprisingly didn't work with this pregnancy). That was my main motivator (at first) to try to wean off the Reglan. So glad I did!!
- Heartburn has come back with a vengence this week! I can't seem to figure out what is triggering it. I know chocolate seems to make it worse, but even when I don't eat chocolate, I still have it. It seems to wait until bedtime to make it's appearance, which I'm oh so grateful for. ;-)
- Still wearing a mixture of my pre-pregnancy clothes and maternity clothes. I love that I am still able to fit into some of my "normal" stuff, but I know it won't be long before it's all packed away.
- Next appointment: Monday, April 2nd
How far along: 28 weeks
Total Weight Gain: +8 pounds
Stretchmarks: Nothing noticeable that wasn't already there from my first pregnancy. Thankfully I didn't get many with Hannah!
Sleep: Not easy!
Best Moment This Week: Stopping Reglan! So glad I did. But also, this morning was great. I took Hannah on a LONG walk around the neighborhood and it was so fun. She loved it and so did I. I'm hoping to make it a new morning tradition.
Belly Button: Flattened
What I Miss: Feeling "normal"
What I am Looking Forward to: Feeling "normal" again and holding a newborn!!
Cravings: Iced coffee (had this with Hannah too)