Friday, March 30, 2012

Pregnancy: 28 Weeks (7 Months)


Here's what's going on this week....

What's going on with the baby right now?
  • She weighs about 2.25-2.5 pounds and is about 15" long.  Her weight has doubled in the last month alone!  Wow!
  • She is the size of a small cabbage
  • Her eyelashes are growing in now...all the final touches!
  • I felt her hiccup for the first time this week.  Hannah had hiccups constantly while I was pregnant with her (and for the first 3+ months of her life), so I was surprised that it has taken this long for me to feel them with Emma. 
  • 12 weeks to go!
What's going on with me?
  • So much movement this week!  It's like a kickboxing ring in there!  Insane!
  • This week I gained 1 pound, so overall I am up 8 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight.  The average weight gain in the third trimester is 11 pounds, which would be amazing, but I have a feeling I will gain a lot more than that.  We'll see! 
  • This week I started the week by cutting my Reglan pills in half, so I was only taking 1/2 a pill per day.  YEAH!  This was a huge step for me.  By the end of the week, I had started doing some research about Reglan (side effects and such) and was horrifid to read all the testimonials of negative side effects people had experienced while on Reglan.  I also read on several different sites that you should not take Reglan for any longer than 12 weeks!  Oh my!  I really wish someone would have told me that.  I've been taking it for months now!  So I immediately decided it was time to stop taking it completely.  Thursday was my first day without it and besides a massive headache, I felt fine.  I finally decided to take some tylenol before bed on Thursday night, which helped.  So far today (my second day without it) I am feeling great!  The biggest shock to me was how many people I found online that said that while they were on Reglan they experience severe depression.  DING DING DING!  I wouldn't call my "funk" severe depression, but I definitely haven't felt like myself for the past few months.  I think I will have a few words with my OBGYN at my appointment on Monday.  I am just shocked that no one ever mentioned these side effects to me or the time limit of how long I was supposed to be on it.  UGH!
  • During this week in my pregnancy with Hannah I stopped taking Zofran completely (a different anti-nausea medication that surprisingly didn't work with this pregnancy).  That was my main motivator (at first) to try to wean off the Reglan.  So glad I did!!
  • Heartburn has come back with a vengence this week!  I can't seem to figure out what is triggering it.  I know chocolate seems to make it worse, but even when I don't eat chocolate, I still have it.  It seems to wait until bedtime to make it's appearance, which I'm oh so grateful for. ;-)
  • Still wearing a mixture of my pre-pregnancy clothes and maternity clothes.  I love that I am still able to fit into some of my "normal" stuff, but I know it won't be long before it's all packed away.
  • Next appointment: Monday, April 2nd
Here's a pregnancy survey I came across that I thought would be fun to add to this week's post:
How far along: 28 weeks
Total Weight Gain: +8 pounds
Stretchmarks: Nothing noticeable that wasn't already there from my first pregnancy.  Thankfully I didn't get many with Hannah!
Sleep: Not easy! 
Best Moment This Week: Stopping Reglan!  So glad I did.  But also, this morning was great.  I took Hannah on a LONG walk around the neighborhood and it was so fun.  She loved it and so did I.  I'm hoping to make it a new morning tradition.
Movement: Insane!!!
Belly Button: Flattened
What I Miss: Feeling "normal"
What I am Looking Forward to: Feeling "normal" again and holding a newborn!!
Cravings: Iced coffee (had this with Hannah too)

No comments:

Post a Comment