Friday, March 2, 2012

Pregnancy: 24 Weeks (6 Months!)

Here's what's going on this week....

What's going on with the baby right now?
-She is officially viable at 24 weeks, meaning she has a chance of survival if she were to be born now.  However, we are praying that she stays in for several more months!
-She weighs about 1.5 pounds and is about a foot long.
-She is the size of an ear of corn, long and skinny!
-She has begun developing a more defined sleep/wake pattern, but unfortunately it is completely backwards.  She is moving around all night long, but still for the majority of the day.  Let's hope this gets straightened out before she arrives!  I do not do well with all-nighters!

What's going on with me?
-I am sleeping fairly well right now, despite the yucky heartburn that I have most nights.
-I am now wearing mostly all maternity clothes, as my normal clothes are just too uncomfortable or small.  The shirts are riding up in the front and the pants are starting to cut into my stomach.  I am surprisingly not loving the maternity pants as much as I did with Hannah.  They just refuse to stay up...annoying!
-I am still just at my pre-pregnancy weight, so I didn't gain any weight this week.  Not complaining!
-My nausea has been better this week, which I am so thankful for!  Heartburn wasn't too awful either.  A good week all around!  Still taking Reglan daily!
-There was a lot of progress in Emma's room this week.  My dad painted it, fixed the closet, changed all the doorknobs and other hardware, and we cleaned out all of the furniture from the room!  YEAH!  Next step is to clean out all the other junk in there.
-Next appointment: Monday, March 5th for the diabetes screening

No comments:

Post a Comment