Friday, March 9, 2012

Pregnancy: 25 Weeks

We had a very busy week....hosting Hannah's 2nd Birthday Party, preparing for our trip to Siesta Key, FL, and I had a doctor's appointment this week (more to come on that).

Here's what's going on this week....

What's going on with the baby right now?
-She weighs about 1.5 pounds and is about 13.5" long.
-She is growing more hair and it is starting to get a more distinct color and texture.
-15 more weeks!!  Ahhh!!!
-She is the size of a rutabaga (never had one of those)

What's going on with me?
-I had my gestational diabetes screening this week and passed!  YEAH!  Drinking the orange glucola wasn't even that bad.  The only bad news I recieved from that test was that I am anemic.  My iron is apparently fairly low and I need to start taking a supplement.  I had the same problem with Hannah and did eventually end up taking a supplement, but not right away.  I first tried to up my iron intake with foods, but when they tested it again and it was still low, I finally caved.  I just HATE having to take any supplements (I know this seems funny since I am popping an anti-nausea pill every morning without a second thought).  The iron typically makes me more nauseous and constipated...no thanks!  So once again, I will try to get more iron in my diet first and see what happens.  But if that doesn't work, I'll be back on a supplement in a couple weeks.  Yippy.
-I have been experiencing Braxton Hicks contractions for a few weeks now, but they are definitely happening more frequently now.
-According to the books, my uterus is now the size of a soccer ball.  I believe it because I am feeling very large right now.  Although my belly is a few inches smaller this time around then it was with Hannah at this point. 
-Hannah got to feel Emma move for the first time this week....at least I think she did! :-)  She had her hand on my belly and Emma kicked pretty hard.  She said, "Oh!"  I asked her if she felt it and she said yes, but you never know.  I'm not sure if she gets it or not, but she is definitely obsessed!  She is constantly asking to see Emma or talk to Emma.  She says, "Hi Emma" and shows her different toys and says, "Emma likes this".  It's precious! 
-Sleep is becoming more elusive this week.  It's not because of heartburn or being uncomfortable, but I think it's because I can't get my mind to stop thinking.  I've started reading up on Babywise schedules again and my brain just won't shut off at night.
-I have started wearing all maternity clothes now.  There are still a few things that fit, but for our trip to Florida I packed all maternity clothes. 
-My weight has fluctuated this week between my pre-pregnancy weight and 2 pounds heavier.  So I've either gained 2 pounds or none.  We'll say that I've gained 2 pounds this week, just for fun! ;-)
-Overall, this has been a great week.  I haven't been nearly as nauseous and the heartburn has even let up some.  I'm finally enjoying this pregnancy!  YEAH!!  Even if I only get a couple weeks of that, I'll take it.  (Yes, I am still taking Reglan every morning)
-No more progress in Emma's room...still full of small junk.  The next step is to clean that out and then have new carpet installed.  But all of that will have to wait until we come back from Florida.
-Next appointment: Monday, April 2nd

No comments:

Post a Comment