Sunday, December 20, 2009

Pregnancy: 29 Weeks


Just 11 weeks (77 days) to go! Time has flown by! But it's sure to start slowing down now. :-)

Here's a little info on what's going on with Hannah and me! Enjoy!

Hannah:
- She’s growing eyelashes, adding fat, developing her brain and maybe even dreaming
- Her brain can control her body temperature
- Her eyes can move in her sockets
- She has grown 1/4 pound in the last week and now starts a rapid growth phase, putting on nearly 1/2 pound a week! Tripling in weight by the time she’s due! WOW!
- 15.2 inches long, weighing 2.5 pounds
- Amniotic fluid is reaching its peak, partly due to the fact that she is urinating up to 2 cups a day
- Survival rate = 90%. Of those surviving, 30% will have serious complications

Me:
- Heartburn, OH MY! It's horrible! Mostly happens at night, but sometimes during the day too. Doesn't seem to be much of a rhyme or reason to it. I can't seem to nail down what causes it.
- "Supine Hypotensive Syndrome”: a change of heart rate and feeling dizzy when laying flat on your back–affects some pregnant women. I’ve been noticing this lately. I can't lay on my back for very long anymore, which stinks because that is how I am often most comfortbale.
- Fatigue is setting in. I have good days and bad. Fatigue was never really a problem for me in the beginning, like it often is for other women, so I guess it's catching up with me now.
- Kicking is getting more intense. It's pretty fun to watch my stomach move in all sorts of weird ways. :-) What's not fun is when she decides to kick me in my ribs...ouch!
- Peeing all the time! Seriously, I could go every 10 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment