You turned 15 months a few days ago, and I'm behind. I was away on a trip on your 15 month birthday with the other moms from our playgroup, so I missed it. But you were not lacking love or attention while I was gone. Grandma and Grandpa Vaccaro stayed with you while I was in Florida and showered you with lots of love!
15 months...this age is the best! You are so adorable right now and so much fun! You are super giggly and interactive. You amaze me! Your comprehension is astounding and your vocabulary is growing every day. Your latest obsession is climbing. You have figured out how to climb on to the couch, chair and anything else you can reach. When you are trying to climb up and can't quite reach, you start grunting as hard as you can. It is so cute..."uh uh uh". Your latest feat is the chair in your room. We have used that chair since the day you were born to nurse, read to you, say prayers, and sing your good night song. But now when we try to sit with you in the chair, you immediately start grunting to get down. Once we let you down, you grunt and groan, trying to get us to get out of the chair. Once we concede, you are so happy. You climb your way up the chair and perch yourself happily in it. Then we can proceed with reading your nighttime story. Little miss independent!
You are officially running and rarely fall anymore. But if you do, you just hop back up and keep going. Your new favorite word is "buh buh" (bye bye) and you say it all day long! You have also become a little tickle monster. You love to be tickled and to tickle everyone and everything! You tickle your baby dolls and make a little tickling noise while you do it, and just crack yourself up!
We have been remodeling our kitchen for the last month and it's been a bit of a nightmare. We have been without a kitchen for over a month now and using the dining room as our makeshift kitchen. But you have adapted well and even managed to take a record nap during the floor installation. Go figure. Hopefully we will have our kitchen back to full function by your 16 month birthday!!
Here are your 15 month stats:
- You still wear size 4 diapers during the day and size 5 overnight diapers at night.
- You wear 18-24 month clothing, but some 12-18 month stuff still fits as well.
- You wear size 5 shoes.
- Your hair is getting very long, almost covering your eyes in the front. It covers your neck in the back and flips out at the bottom. So much hair! I just wish I knew what to do with it!
- You have 6 teeth now...4 on the top and 2 on the bottom. I don't see any signs of more on the way, but I'm sure it won't be long. Speaking of teeth, you have started to really hate having your teeth brushed. Every night it is a battle to try to get just a few passes over each tooth (I mean you only have 6...shouldn't be too tough, right?!). Tonight I even tried using riddled toothpaste, but I actually think that made it worse. You tried to suck in the brush the entire time. My next attempt will be with with an electric brush. We'll see!
- You can now sign the word for "love". Amazing!! You cross your arms over your chest and squeeze tight. Every once in a while you will even point to me after you sign "love", saying "love you". MELTS MY HEART!!
- You still take 2 naps every day, one at 10am and the other at 2pm. Each one is about an hour, but the last few days the afternoon one has been 1.5 or more!! Love! We tried giving you just one nap per day, but that was a complete flop. You would only nap for 45 minutes and then be up for the rest of the day and miserable. After a week of trying, we went back to 2 naps. We'll stick with this for as long as it works. You go to bed around 7 or 7:30pm and wake up around 6:45 or 7am...can't complain.
We love you little peanut...all 15 months of you! :)
Hawaii Day 1: Aulani!!!!
2 hours ago