Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pregnancy: 6 Weeks

What's going on with the baby right now?
-He/She has tripled or even quadrupled in size and is now three or four millimeters long!
-He/She is working on growing a nose, some ears and a mouth.
-He/She is also growing flappy little leg and arm buds.
-He/She has a heartbeat that can be seen on an ultrasound — 100 to 160 beats (although we havent heard it yet)

What's going in with me?
-Definitely peeing more often!
-Nausea set in at the end of the week....yuck! I was really hoping this pregnancy wouldn't be as bad as the first, but after just 2 days of nausea, I can tell it's going to be a rough one as well!
-I've actually lost 2 pounds this week, which is my favorite way to start a pregnancy!

I had my first obgyn appointment today. They did my yearly pap since I was due for it anyway. While they were doing that they found some new blood on my cervix, scary!! The midwife didn't think it was anything to be worried about, as she said that during pregnancy your cervix is just extra sensitive, but it was definitely a little worrisome to me. I have yet to see any blood myself, so that is good! Praying that everything is progressing well! I will find out my blood levels tomorrow so we can be sure my progesterone is high enough.

I am continuously giving this baby's life over to the Lord and surrendering my fears to Him. I know that He is in complete control!

No comments:

Post a Comment