- Somewhere between 4-6am: Hannah wakes up crying...I try giving her the paci if it is before 5am because I really don't won't to feed her that early, but sometimes that doesn't work, so I end up feeding her. My goal would be to drop this early morning feeding, if possible, but I don't know how to do that if she is the one waking up this early and won't go back to sleep. After this feeding I put her right back down and she goes back to sleep.
- Somewhere between 8-10am: Hannah wakes up crying...I try to give her the paci again if it is before 8:30am, but if that won't work I get her up, but don't usually feed her til closer to 10am. This nursing session is not usually a very good one. She doesn't seem very interested. My guess is that she isn't very hungry since she got such a good feeding a few hours earlier. Ideally I would combine these two feedings somehow and have her first feeding be somewhere between 8-9am ("Breakfast"). I also feed her solids after this nursing. After this feeding we run errands, have playgroup, and don't have a schedule nap, although she does cat nap sometimes. But I really need this time to be able to get out of the house and not have to be home for a nap, that is why I have always down the afternoon nap.
- Usually about 1:30pm: I feed Hannah again. This nursing session is also not very good (she is generally not nursing well anymore except in the early morning....she is so easily distracted and is fussy while nursing...I am a little worried that my supply is dropping) I feed her solids after this nursing as well. Then I put her right down for her afternoon nap (I hope for 3 hours, but lately it has only been a 2 hour nap). She usually goes down pretty well for this nap.
- Somewhere between 3-5pm: Hannah wakes up from her nap (My goal has been for her nap to be from 2-5pm, but things are changing around here!). I try to put off her next feeding to closer to 5pm no matter when she wakes up from the nap. I nurse her and give her solids at 5pm.
- 7:30pm: Bedtime routine (bath, pjs, nursing, storytime, prayers) I nurse her again (even though she just ate a couple hours ago) and she sometimes eats well, but most of the time does not. But she is again very fussy while nursing, as if she is hungry but can't get anything out. This is a very challenging time of day for me because it can get pretty stressful. I have given her formula on occasion at this feeding and she usually will gulp it down, which then makes me worry about my supply again! :-( However, she is 17lbs right now, so I really don't think she is lacking in the food department!
- 8pm: In bed...this is where the fun begins. Sometimes (most of the time) she goes down okay, but then after 30-40 minutes she is awake again, crying. We try to let her cry for 10 minutes before going in the room, in hopes that she will fall back to sleep, but that usually doesn't happen. So we end up going in after 10 minutes and giving her the paci, which usually (though no always) puts her back to sleep. Then the schedule starts all over again....
Thanks so much!!