Friday, January 14, 2011

10 Months Old

Sweet Little Peanut,



Your tenth month was the fastest yet. I blame that on Christmas and our monumental snow storm in early January!

Speaking of Christmas, this month you celebrated your first one!  We spent it in Florida at Grandma and Grandpa Vaccaro's house.  It was wonderful to be with family (Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Julie, and Uncle Chris) and you loved all the attention!  But surprisingly you weren't very interested in the presents on Christmas morning.  You didn't even care about the wrapping paper or boxes.  I think you were a bit overwhelmed.  But you were a HUGE fan of the Little People Nativity Scene.....maybe you already understand the true meaning of Christmas! :-)

Here's what you are up to at 10 months old:
•You weigh 21lbs. 13oz. (71%) and are 30 inches long (93%).  One tall girl!!
•You wear mostly all 12 month clothes (9-12 months) and some 18 months (12-18 months). But you can still fit into some of your 9 month clothes (6-9 months).
•You are still wearing a size 4 diaper and size 3 or 4 shoes.
•You have your two bottom teeth now!
•You are cruising all over the furniture these days, but don't seem too interested in standing on your own or walking.  You have also mastered crawling up the stairs, but have no idea how to get back down...which resulted in a scary fall a few days ago.  Thankfully all is well! :-)
•You have been eating lots of new foods and love feeding yourself.  Sometimes your entire meal is finger foods!  Right now your favorite foods are pasta, bread, puffs, and blueberries.  Not surprising since those are some of my favorite foods! :-)  You are still nursing 4 times per day and doing great!
•You said your first word this month - "DaDa"  You had been saying it for a while now, but I hadn't counted it yet because it didn't really have any meaning.  Then the other day I asked you, "Where is Daddy?" and you pointed right to him and said, "DaDa"!!  Adorable!
•This month we realized just how much of a little person you have become.  You understand so much of what we are saying, which is so fun!  When you start to refuse to eat something we start a little trade off where I will give you a bite of the food you don't won't, followed by a bite of something you do.  I say, "One bite of this and then you get a blueberry (or pasta or whatever)" and you will suddenly open you mouth wide.  It's amazing! 
•This month, naps have been a nightmare.  I blame it on all the craziness of the holidays, but I'm ready for you to get back to taking better naps.  Right now you take 2 naps each day, but they are sometimes only 30 minutes each!  UGH!   Thankfully you have been sleeping 12 hours straight at night for the past couple weeks!  That is a huge improvement from last month.  It took a week or so of retraining for you to sleep through the night again, but it worked!
•You have started to get really whiny and clingy, which has been challenging for me.  You don't like to be too far away from me and would really like for me to hold you all day long.  It's hard to get anything done.  But I am trying to enjoy this clingy stage because I know it is fleeting and soon you will want nothing to do with me. :-(
•You still arent' waving or clapping, but you are pointing at everything.  You point and then grunt, which I interpret as you asking for something or an explanation of what something is. 
•You make the cutest sound that is too hard to explain, but it's when you click your tongue on your bottom teeth and say "dododo"...I think I got it on video....at least I hope so! :-)
•Your eczema is still flaring up, but I have continued the lotion regime and I think it's getting a little better.  I'm hopeful that it will disappear when the weather warms up! 
•Your hair has grown so much that it hardly sticks up anymore...that makes me sad!  My little girl is growing up!
•You still love to share everything with us - your pacifier, your toys, your food. 
•You have started giving high fives - ADORABLE!!!  I say, "Give me five" and you do!

It amazes me how much you change every single day.  I lay you down at night as my little peanut and when I pick you back up in the early morning, you have changed into my big girl!  It is the most amazing thing to watch, yet also a little heartbreaking.  But there is nothing else I would rather do!

I love you little girl!






No comments:

Post a Comment