Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sick Baby

Our little peanut is sick.  It all started with a cold, over two weeks ago.  She had her first fever (101.7 at one point), was stuffy and just overall not feeling well.  I knew she was sick when she fell asleep on my chest for over an hour (on two different occasions!).  I will say that I enjoyed every second of those naps though! ;-)  After two weeks with a runny nose and horrible sleep patterns, I knew something wasn't right.  I finally decided to take her to the doctor this past Thursday afternoon and I'm so glad I did!  She has double ear infections, wheezing in her lungs, and a yeast diaper rash.  She is now taking Amoxicilian for the ear infections (2 times per day for 10 days), an inhaler for the wheezing, and nystatin cream for the diaper rash.  We are a regular pharmacy around here!  After 2 days of medicine, she definitely seems to be feeling better, but her sleeping has not returned to normal.  Her naps are a mess - she is crying again when we put her down and then when (or if) she does fall asleep, she only sleeps for 20-30 minutes before she is up and screaming again.  UGH!  I know she needs more sleep than that!  I am still hopeful that the medicine will continue to make her feel better and her sleeping will get back on track, eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment