I saw this survey on a blog that I have been following since I found out I was pregnant - Baby Dickey - and thought it was a good way to sum up 2010. Enjoy!
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
- So much!! Birthed a child (unmedicated, I might add!), nursed a child for 9.5 months (and still going), did everything required to keep a newborn alive and raise her to be a healthy and happy 9 month old, became a MOM!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
- I don't remember making any last year (not a big resolution fan), but this year I did feel a sense of renewal and have been determined to be more intentional with my time. I'm not sure that doing a survey like this is very "intentional", but I figured it would be an insightful way to summarize the last year of my life.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
- ME! And several of my close friends - Amy, Lindsay, Asheley, Heather, Lindsay (another one), and more...
4. Did anyone close to you die?
- Thankfully, no
5. What countries did you visit?
- Definitely didn't make it out of the country, but did make it to several different place - NYC, Flagler Beach (3 times), Panama City (3 times), Siesta Key, and probably other places I am forgetting.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
- More time to enjoy with family and friends - 2010 was ALL about the baby and I want 2011 to be more about the world outside of these four walls!
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
- March 11 - Hannah was born!!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
- Delivering my first child without any medications (not even a tylenol people!)
- Succesfully nursing my child for 9.5 months (and counting)
- Keeping her alive for 9.5 months (and counting!!)
9. What was your biggest failure?
- I wouldn't call it a failure, but I do feel like I didn't get to enjoy Hannah's newborn stage like I thought I would because I was so concerned with her schedule and making sure she did 'xyz' every day. I was definitely obsessed with that (and still am, if I let myself be).
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
- A cold here and there, but nothing serious. Recovering from my labor was illness enough!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
- Our new camera (Nikon D3100) - just have to figure out how to use it in a mode other than auto now!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
- Brian's! He has been the most amazing husband and father! During my labor he was unbelievable! He didn't even sit down for 8+ hours and was by my side the entire time. He was the best father right from the beginning - so involved and just in love. He would wake up with me in the middle of night when Hannah would cry and come into her room with me while I nursed her. He was my rock! He was understanding of my crazy hormones and listened to me cry over the silliest things. I wouldn't have made it this past year without his amazing support!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
- No one I can think of
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
- All of Hannah's milestones: smiling, laughing, rolling over, sitting up, crawling, pulling up, sleeping through the night!
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
- "Goodnight Sweetheart" - I sing it to Hannah every time I put her down for a nap or at night
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner
c) richer or poorer? Probably about the same - nah, poorer because we are remodeling our kitchen soon! ;-)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
- Spent more time with friends, but babies make things so much more complicated!
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
- Wasting time
20. How did you spend Christmas?
- In Panama City with Brian's family
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
- Absolutely! Hannah has made me understand God's love for me in a whole new way. I am madly in love with that baby!!
22. What was your favorite TV program?
- We became DVR junkies this year, so we watched a lot of shows (that's what happens when you have a baby that has to be in bed by 8pm) - Top faves were Modern Family and The Middle
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
- I don't hate anyone - I might not like their choices or actions, but I don't hate them.
24. What was the best book you read?
- I don't think I read any books in 2010 (besides children's and parenting books)...sad
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
- Hmmm....not sure. I think I knew about him in 2009, but Mat Kearney became a BIG fave this year. We went to the most amazing concert at Eddie's Attic in the summer and were blown away!
26. What did you want and get?
- Our new camera
- Lots of baby things
27. What did you want and not get?
- Nothing...I mean there are things that I would like to have, but nothing that I need.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
- I don't even know if we went to the theater once in 2010. I know I saw the new(er) movie with Katherine Heigel about raising a baby, but I can't even remember who I was with or where we were. It was cute, but definitely not the best movie I saw. We just watched Inception a few weeks ago and that was good. But there really wasn't a stand out movie that I saw this year.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
- I turned 28!! At first I wrote 27 because there is no way I am 28, but I am!! Yikes! Brian's parents were in town on my birthday and we went out to dinner at Maggiano's (technically I think we went out the night before my birthday).
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
- It was overal a wonderful year!! But if Hannah has been born a natural sleeper, that would have made my stress level a lot less! ;-)
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
- Whatever fits and is clean and comfy. I spent the majority of 2010 on the floor with a drooly, reflux baby! Fashion wasn't really in my vocabulary.
32. What kept you sane?
- Brian, my mom, my playgroup girls!!!
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
- No one I can think of
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
- Political issue?? I don't even watch the news, I hate politics! I only want to know the stuff that impacts me directly and that I can do something about. If something is going on that I have no control over, I want nothing to do with it. What's the point??
35. Who did you miss?
- Family! I hate that we live so far away from everyone.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
- My playgroup girls! Heather, Asheley and Lindsay, I don't know what I would have done these past few months without you!!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
- Take things one day at a time.
- Life flies by, so enjoy every second.
- Everything with a baby is a phase!
Tess 3rd Bday Pics and Party Invites
19 hours ago