You are 4 months old today! What a difference 4 months makes. You are completely different than the day you were born. You have changed so much!! Just look at how much you have grown!!
- You are wearing 0-3 month and 3-6 month clothes (3 month are getting small and 6 month are a little big still)
- You are wearing size 2 diapers (but not too much longer until you are in size 3)
- You have really discovered your voice in the last week or so. You are cooing and squealing all the time. You make high-pitched noises and have the sweetest little voice!
- You can tripod sit fairly well now. I'm sure it won't be long before you are sitting on your own.
- You still loves to stand up. We don't have to give you much support either...you just hold onto our fingers and can stand up for several minutes.
- You LOVE chewing on your fingers. If you don't have a paci in your mouth, you have your fingers! Maybe you are teething?? You are also drooling like crazy and making little spit bubbles all the time. I am trying to get you to blow raspberries, but you aren't interested. You just think it's funny when mommy does it! :-)
- You eat every 3-4 hours (usually 3.5 or 4) throughout the day and you are still a champion nurser! I so enjoy the time we spend together nursing. It is such a special time!
- You take a 3 hour nap in the afternoon (from about 2-5pm) and you sleep through the night (sometimes) from about 9pm-6am. But lately you have started waking up in the middle of the night...boo! We put you down at 7:30pm, you sleep until about 8pm, then wake up screaming?? Sometimes the paci will put you back to sleep and other times we have to rock you or just walk around with you. Then I feed you again at about 9pm and you usually go right down for the night. Then I wake you up at 6am and feed you and put you right back to sleep. You usually sleep until about 9 or 10am before you are up for the day. I sure do love those extra hours of morning sleep!!
- We are starting to feed you rice cereal, again. We took a few weeks off after the first time you tried it because you started waking in the middle of the night, but since you are still doing that, we assume the cereal doesn't have anything to do with it, so we are trying again.
- You love to be held! I think that is our fault...we have spoiled you a little. ;-)
- Your head control is amazing! We never even have to think about it anymore. You hold it up all on your own. You can lay on your tummy and hold up your head for what seems like hours! Don't you get tired??
- You LOVE your paci! We really didn't want you to be a paci baby, but what can we do? It is a magical thing. If you wake in the middle of the night or in the middle of a nap, we just pop it in and it's like a sleeping pill....works every time! :-) I'm still hoping you will figure out the whole thumb sucking thing so you can self-soothe yourself back to sleep!
- You have forgotten how to roll, or at least that's how it seems. You used to roll from tummy to back like a champion, but you've stopped now! What's the deal? But you are SO close to rolling from your back to your tummy now, so at least you are trying!
- You are giggling more and more every day. When I hear that giggle it melt my heart. Please giggle more!! It is the most precious sound to a mother's ears. You are starting to laugh when we tickle you now, which is so cute. And for some reason you find it hilarious to get undressed. It's just the funniest thing in the world to you. When Bubbles barks it makes you crack up too. :-)
- You love your doorway jumper! You love bouncing when I turn on the music (I call it dancing, of course!)
- You love playing with your toys and you can hold them in your hands and grasp them all by yourself. Of course, everything you touch goes straight to your mouth! :-)
Oh little peanut, how I love you!