Monday, July 5, 2010

A gift!

Psalm 127:3 - "Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him."
While in the thick of parenting, we often forget what a gift our children are to us.  Being a parent is a tough job and being a mother is an endless and often thankless one.  When our days are bombarded with laundry, dishes, poopy diapers, spit up, nursing, baby talk, paying bills, organizing everyone's social calendars, cooking dinner, ironing, and other often monotonous tasks, it is easy to forget why we are doing it all.  While trying for 2 years to conceive our little peanut, I often thought of how the trial of trying would make me appreciate our miracle baby that much more.  And while I have definitely found that to be true in some instances, I too get bogged down in the daily grind at times and throw all of that to the wind.  What I wouldn't have given just a couple years ago to have a little one taking up my time.  Now here I sit, finding myself complaining from time to time about how mundane my daily life can be.  But the Lord calls my child a gift and a reward....what an awesome reminder!  How true that verse is!  Despite all the chaos that is motherhood and the boring and disgusting things we do on a daily basis, Hannah is a gift and such a blessing in my life.  


Thank you Lord for entrusting me with such a great blessing.  Guide me as I work to raise her in a godly home!  Let her know you from a young age.  And let all I do, day in and day out, be to glorify You!

1 comment:

  1. So, so true!! What a gift they are. Cute picture too!

    ReplyDelete