Friday, April 27, 2012

Pregnancy: 32 Weeks (8 Months)






Check out my post from Week 32 with my first pregnancy (Hannah).

We started this week in Raleigh, NC at a friend's wedding. Definitely a great start to the week! We were so happy to get home to Hannah on Sunday afternoon as we had missed her terribly!

Here's what's happening this week...

What's going on with the baby right now?
  • She is about 16.5" long and weighs about 4 pounds
  • She is the size of a large jicama (never tried that) or a honeydew melon
  • Fingernails and toenails have grown in completely
  • She is sleeping 90% of the time (not enough room in there to do much else)
  • 8 weeks to go - 56 days!
What's going on with me?
  • My blood volume has increased by 50% and my uterus is now pushing into my diaphragm, which causes shortness of breath. I have noticed this some, especially when I am trying to keep up with Hannah. Just going up and down the stairs has become a chore.
  • Sleep continues to be a commodity. I can't get comfortable, I toss and turn all night, I wake up to pee at least once per night, my hips ache, I'm hot all the time, heartburn wakes me up, and once I wake up I struggle to fall back to sleep.
  • Tons of braxton hicks contractions lately! Everytime I get one I get an intense urge to pee and they actually are a little painful. Just a little precursor of what's to come.
  • My belly button has officially popped out now and probably has been that way for a couple weeks, just forgot to mention it.
  • Hemorrhoids are still a nusisance, but have gotten better since last week. (Because I know you were wondering!) haha
  • I'm starting to get a little sad about Hannah not being our only child anymore. I know that ultimately this is a good thing for her (siblings are wonderful!) but it's hard to not feel a little guilty about her no longer being the center of attention. She is at SUCH a fun stage right now that I hate to mess with anything. :-(
  • Emma continues to be fairly gentle with her kicks and punches. She really doesn't move all that often (which of course now I am worrying about) and when she does it's more of a rolling or pushing motion instead of hard jabs.
  • Heartburn continues to be awful! Tums and milk are my best friends!
  • I have now gained 17 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight, still under what I was with Hannah's pregnancy, but quickly catching up!
  • Next appointment: Monday, April 30th

No comments:

Post a Comment