Friday, May 4, 2012

Pregnancy: 33 Weeks

Check out my post from Week 33 with my first pregnancy (Hannah).

Here's what's happening this week...

What's going on with the baby right now?

  • She is about 17" long and weighs about 5 pounds
  • The bones in her skull are not fused yet to allow for overlapping during the birthing process so she can fit through the birth canal.
  • Survival rate if born now = 98%.  Of those, only 12% have serious complications.
  • She is the size of a pineapple (had some with dinner to celebrate!) ;-)
  • 7 weeks to go
What's going on with me?
  • I had a doctor's appointment this past week and everything was great.  Blood pressure was great, weight gain was great, Emma's heartbeat was great, and I am measuring right on track.  So nothing new to report.  I'll go back in 2 weeks and then at 36 weeks I will start the weekly appointments.
  • I am huge!  I often find myself trying to squeeze through a tight space thinking it will be no problem and then not being able to fit.  Oops!  I also find that I drop food on my belly often!  It always makes me laugh when I look down at my shirt and realize there are remnants of my last meal splattered across it. 
  • Sleep this week was a little better.  My hips didn't hurt as bad this week (not sure what the change was), I'm only peeing one time in the early morning, I finally put a big bottle of Tums in my bedside table so I can pop some whenever I need them, and I'm didn't wake up as many times in the night.  I'll take it!
  • Not a ton of movement from Emma this week...which had me a little scared the other night.  But she does get the hiccups most every day and is sure to give me a few pushes here and there.
  • I gained 2 pounds this week, so I'm up 19 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. 
  • Next Appointment: Monday, May 14
At the beginning of this week we did a lot of shopping for Emma.  We spent most of the weekend buying different odds and ends that we needed - pacifiers, diaper pail, sound machine, lovies, diapers, wipes, lamps, etc.  Even though this is our second girl, there still seems to be a lot of things that we need.  The worst news this week was when we found out that the store we ordered Emma's furniture from had ordered the wrong crib!  They were supposed to deliver and assemble all the furniture on Saturday, but we received a call Saturday morning telling us the bad news.  Now we have to wait at least 4 more weeks for the correct crib to be delivered!  AHHHH!  Talk about waiting until the last minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment