Here's what's happening this week...
What's going on with the baby right now?
- She is about 17" long and weighs about 5 pounds
- The bones in her skull are not fused yet to allow for overlapping during the birthing process so she can fit through the birth canal.
- Survival rate if born now = 98%. Of those, only 12% have serious complications.
- She is the size of a pineapple (had some with dinner to celebrate!) ;-)
- 7 weeks to go
- I had a doctor's appointment this past week and everything was great. Blood pressure was great, weight gain was great, Emma's heartbeat was great, and I am measuring right on track. So nothing new to report. I'll go back in 2 weeks and then at 36 weeks I will start the weekly appointments.
- I am huge! I often find myself trying to squeeze through a tight space thinking it will be no problem and then not being able to fit. Oops! I also find that I drop food on my belly often! It always makes me laugh when I look down at my shirt and realize there are remnants of my last meal splattered across it.
- Sleep this week was a little better. My hips didn't hurt as bad this week (not sure what the change was), I'm only peeing one time in the early morning, I finally put a big bottle of Tums in my bedside table so I can pop some whenever I need them, and I'm didn't wake up as many times in the night. I'll take it!
- Not a ton of movement from Emma this week...which had me a little scared the other night. But she does get the hiccups most every day and is sure to give me a few pushes here and there.
- I gained 2 pounds this week, so I'm up 19 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight.
- Next Appointment: Monday, May 14