Friday, May 18, 2012

Pregnancy: 35 Weeks

Check out my post from Week 35 with my first pregnancy (Hannah). 

We started this week in NC at my cousin's wedding.  It was so wonderful to get to spend time with my family.  It made me wish even more that we all lived in the same area (or at least the same state!).  Hannah did a great job the whole weekend despite us keeping her up way later than normal.  But we paid for that on the ride home....she had a complete meltdown!  I was literally ready to jump out the window on several occasions!  I don't think any long road trips will be in our near future.

Here's what's happening this week...


What's going on with the baby right now?

  • Only 35 days until my due date!!  5 more weeks!
  • She is 18-20" long and weighs 5-6 pounds
  • She is the size of a small roasting chicken ;-)
  • Survival rate = 99%.  Of those, only 8% have serious complications.
What's going on with me?
  • I had a doctor's appointment this week and it was VERY uneventful and quick.  Blood pressure was perfect, weight was up (no surprise there), and Emma's heartbeat was normal.  Walked in and walked out.  At my next appointment I will get the group B strep test done and then I will start going every week for check-ups until my due date.
  • I absolutely blew up this week!  I am huge (thanks to my 6 pound weight gain last week) and swollen.  My rings are suddenly much tighter, but I am still able to wear them.  My face looks very chubby now, which I hate.  For the first 30 weeks of my pregnancy I heard so many times how small I looked, but I'm definitely not hearing that anymore!
  • My uterus now reaches up to my rib cage. 
  • This week I was exhausted and very unmotivated!  The nesting urge has disappeared which isn't good because we are nowhere near ready. 
  • Still no carpal tunnel, thankfully!!
  • No sign of losing my mucus plug yet, but this doesn't surprise me.  I didn't lose it with my first pregnancy until my due date and even then I still had to be induced 4 days later.
  • I am starting to really get nervous about labor and delivery.  With my last labor I had several complications (heavy clotting, three separate catheters because of swelling, and I passed out after delivery).  I am very nervous about those things happening again!
  • Heartburn is still a major problem.  At the beginning of this week it was so bad that I developed a nasty cough because of it and then had a sore/hoarse voice for the following few days.  Acid reflux is no joke!
  • Sleep has been sparse this week.  With the heartburn being so bad at night I haven't been sleeping well through it.  Also I've been dealing with some pregnancy insomnia which is definitely not fun.
  • On the last day of this week (today) I felt VERY nauseous all day and threw up my dinner.  I hadn't thrown up in nearly two months, so this was an unwelcome reminder of the horrid first 4-5 months of this pregnancy.  I'm hoping this was just a one day fluke and that I will feel better tomorrow.  But I do remember the nausea getting bad again in the last month of my first pregnancy, so we'll see.
  • Amazingly I lost 3 pounds this week!  So now I am up 22 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight.  I'll take it!
  • Next Appointment: Tuesday, May 29
We are still waiting for Emma's crib and dresser to be delivered.  We talked to the store this week and they are definitely going to compensate us in some way for all the trouble this has been, so at least that's good news.

My goals for this coming week - install the car seat, start packing the hospital bag, nail down the date and time for our maternity photo shoot, and continue my heavy "spring cleaning" of the entire house (if I can find the energy).

No comments:

Post a Comment