Check out my post from Week 34 with my first pregnancy (Hannah). WOW, that picture is awful!
Here's what's happening this week...
What's going on with the baby right now?
- She is about 17-18" long and weighs about 5 pounds (not much change from last week)
- She is the size of a cantaloupe
- 6 weeks to go
- Thankfully I don't have carpal tunnel yet with this pregnancy, like I did with Hannah at this point. I'm praying that it stays away because that was awful!
- Swelling is still manageable and I don't notice it unless I am on my feet for an extended period of time. Thankfully my wedding rings still fit just fine.
- This week during my last pregnancy I was already talking about installing the car seat and packing my hospital bag. Wow! I was really preparing ahead of time. I really haven't even thought much about either of those two things - although I did write my Hospital Bag Packing List already. Maybe I will start trying to tackle that in the next month or so. ;-)
- Sleep is still okay, but not great. Still waking up several times in the night, tossing and turning. But I have been taking a nap during Hannah's nap every day and that has really helped. I've been taking a nap in my bed and putting my pjs back on and everything...it's been amazing!
- I gained a TON of weight this week - 6 pounds!!!! That means I'm up 25 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight. Insanity!
- Next Appointment: Tuesday, May 15
Here's another fun pregnancy survey I found:
How far along? 34 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +25 pounds
Maternity clothes? HAHA, are there actually people that are able to wear regular clothes at 34 weeks pregnant?? No way!! Even my maternity clothes are getting too small!
Stretch marks? Nothing new...I have a few tiny ones on my thighs from Hannah's pregnancy and by my belly button.
Sleep: Okay, but certainly missing the ability to sleep through the night! It's just preparing me for Emma's arrival!
Best moment this week: Having my parents come back from their month long cruise (yesterday) and then packing up and leaving for my cousin's wedding in NC (today).
Movement: More than last week, but not a ton. She's just not as much of a mover as Hannah was.
Food cravings: This week I couldn't get enough peanut butter cookies and frozen caramel frappe's from McDonalds. YUM!
Labor Signs: Some braxton hicks, but nothing too eventful.
Belly button in or out? Out
What I miss: Feeling "normal"....the nausea is still present every day and the heartburn is pretty intense.
What I am looking forward to: Our trip to NC for my cousin's wedding. We are driving up today and come home on Sunday. Can't wait to see family!!
What I am NOT looking forward to: Labor....as much as I want this baby out and the hyperemesis to be completely gone, I'm not ready for the intensity of labor!
Weekly Wisdom: Oxi-Clean is AMAZING!! If you haven't tried it before, do! I spent the week soaking tons of Hannah's baby clothes (when I packed them away they were perfectly clean, but now they have yellow spit up stains on them) in oxi-clean and couldn't believe how well it worked. Just soaked overnight in a bucket of HOT water with 2-3 scoops of the oxi-clean baby powder, then washed them like normal the next morning....viola! Perfectly clean!