Monday, May 21, 2012

Freezer Cooking

I am 4.5 weeks away from my due date with baby #2, so I am in major nesting mode.  There are so many things left on my to-do lists (Baby Bucket List & Nesting To Do List) so I am trying to choose a few things each day to get crossed off.

I spent some time today researching freezer meal ideas.  I was on the hunt for recipes that included freezing and reheating instructions (not easy to find) and were semi-healthy.  I also have a hatred for any recipe that includes cream of ___ soups.  There is something about that stuff that creeps me out.  I complied a list of 30 different recipes (some are very similar) and will pick and choose from the list what I want to prepare before Emma's arrival.  The first one I will tackle is Baked Ziti.  I will adapt the recipe a bit to fit our tastes (organic ground beef and our favorite jar of pasta sauce, Rao's) and will probably make 3-4 smaller pans instead of 2 large pans.  Definitely a good comfort meal to have on hand!

Here is the list I complied today.  We'll see how many I can knock out before I run out of steam or Emma arrives.  I'll update as I cook and let you know how it goes.  I would love to be able to post updates once we actually eat the meals to let you know how they were, but no promises.  Things will most likely be crazy around here. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment