Saturday, June 2, 2012

Hospital Bag Packing List

It's that time again - time to pack the hospital bag!  I feel like I just did this for Hannah's birth.  Here we go again!

During our hospital tour we were told to pack two different bags - one for labor and delivery and then another for recovery. So I have separated my list into those two categories. After I have something packed in my bag, I will cross it off the list.

Labor Bag
- iPad and charger
- Cell phone and charger
- Camera (digital and Flip), charger, cord for uploading pics, and extra batteries
- Baby book (for getting footprints)
- Tennis ball and massager for Brian to use on my back! :)
- My own pillow with a distinguishable pillow case (one I don't care about getting ruined) and one for Brian
- Hard candies (to keep my mouth from being too dry)
- Chapstick
- My own gown for delivery
- Magazines
- Picture ID and Insurance Card
- Snacks for Brian
- Hairbrush and hairties
- Makeup (one can dream, right)
- Deodorant, lotion

Recovery Bag
- Thank you notes (to write for hospital staff and any presents we receive while in the hospital...if we have time)
- Going home outfit for me (something comfy and maternity) and shoes
- Going home outfit for Emma
- Hat for Emma
- Toothbrush and toothpaste (for me and Brian)
- Shampoo, conditioner, soap (all travel size)
- Bathroom stuff for Brian, pjs for Brian, outfits for Brian
- Straightener
- Razor
- Nursing pjs & robe (light weight)
- Socks
- Nursing tank tops and bras (comfy ones for sleeping)
- Nursing pads
- Body pillow
- Receiving blanket for Emma
- Boppy pillow for nursing
- Nipple cream
- Car seat - installed in car!
- Maternity underwear
- Snacks (peanut butter crackers, granola bars, brownies, etc.)
- Empty tote bag (for bringing home all the hospital goodies)

No comments:

Post a Comment