Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Pregnancy: 39 Weeks 5 Days

I wrote a post every day during my 40th week of pregnancy with Hannah (what can I say, I had a lot of time on my hands!)  Here they are - 39 Weeks 1 Day, 39 Weeks 2 Days, 39 Weeks 3 Days, 39 Weeks 4 Days, 39 Weeks 6 Days

The time has arrived....Emma is coming!  I wanted to be sure to post one last weekly pregnancy post before writing about her eviction. ;-)

Here's what happened this week...

What's going on with the baby right now?
  • It's time Emma!  Your due date has arrived!
What's going on with me?
  • At my appointment today (Wednesday) everything was great...blood pressure, heartbeat, and weight.  I was 1cm, but the midwife was able to make be 2cm (OUCH!).  But my cervix is still thick and just doesn't look like anything is happening.  Induction here we come (more on that in my next post).
  • The painters arrived on Saturday of this past week and finished up on Monday.  What a MESS!  Thankfully they blocked off the rest of the house from their "construction" zone, but there really is no way to keep the sanding dust out of every room of the house.  It gets in the air ducts and is blown everywhere.  UGH!  So, I spent the majority of this week dusting every square inch of the house.  Thankfully my amazing mother in law was here for a day and helped out too.  So nice!
  • Surprisingly we have done nothing to try to naturally induce labor - no spicy foods, no excessive walking, no jumping jacks, no eggplant parmesan, no castor oil, no evening primrose oil...nothing.  I just hate going through all of that for none of it to work and then to be let down and constantly thinking "is this going to do it?"  So we decided to skip all of that and just let nature take it's course....so here we sit!
  • I gained one pound this week, so I am up 31 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight.
  • Still very minimal swelling, no carpal tunnel and really not too incredibly uncomfortable.  However, the heartburn is still an issue and the nausea returned for the past few days.  Yuck!  Hyperemesis is no joke!
See my next post for more about our scheduled induction.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment