Saturday, March 6, 2010

39 Weeks 6 Days

1 day until my due date!  I didn't write yesterday because Brian's sister, Julie is in town.  We got pedicures, which was so nice!  It had been months since I did that...definitely needed!  But I realized that I didn't update since my doctor's appointment on Thursday afternoon.  So, here goes...nothing has changed.  I am still 1 cm dilated and 60% effaced.  She stripped my membranes, which was awful!  I won't go into all the details, but if you don't know what that means, google it.  Just know that it's really painful!!!  The idea is that after they do that, if your body is ready to go into labor, it will happen within 48 hours.  If it's not ready, nothing will happen.  So, here's hoping something will happen today (within the 48 hour window!)  So yesterday I had a good amount of contractions, but nothing consistent enough to get too excited about.  We were timing them for about 2 hours and I was having them about 8 minutes apart, but then some would be 12 minutes, 3 minutes, 23 minutes, very inconsistent! :-(  We took a long walk around the neighborhood and that actually stopped the contractions almost completely, which stinks.  Then this morning we had a little bit of excitement when my plug came out!  (I won't call it my its actual name because it's just gross sounding).  It was pretty funny when it came out...I was sitting on the couch and I sneezed.  I thought I had peed my pant a little and was hysterically laughing about it.  Well, needless to say, I hadn't was the plug.  Nasty!  Anyway, it doesn't necessarily mean that labor is eminent, but it is a step in the right direction! :-)

So, at the doctor appointment on Thursday we talked about induction.  They will not let me go past March 15th (41 weeks) without inducing.  So, she told us that we could pick any day next week to induce.  We really don't want to induce because I want to go naturally (without an epidural) and inducing makes doing that much harder!  We asked her if we could just wait to schedule the induction after one more appointment next week and she said we could, however she advised that we should get our names on the list asap.  She said the hospital gets "booked up" pretty fast, so we should pick our date and then if we wanted to change our minds, we could.  So we just went ahead and picked Thursday March 11th.  The plan is (if Hannah doesn't come on her own before then) that we will go into the hospital on Wednesday night (around 7pm) and start cervadil.  They will keep that in for 12 hours and then take it out and hook me up to the pitocin.  So, Hannah will be here Thursday March 11th at the latest.  But please pray that she comes sooner!!  I don't want her to come earlier because I am uncomfortable (although I am) but only because I want to try to have a natural delivery.  I honestly would stay pregnant for another week or two if I could, but since they won't let me anyway, we just decided to pick Thursday, which works best for family and it's the day our midwife is on call.

Anyway, all that to say that we just really are asking for your prayers!   Pray that Hannah will come before Thursday!

Thank you all for all your prayers!  They are so appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment