Friday, June 15, 2012

Pregnancy: 39 Weeks







Check out my post from Week 39 with my first pregnancy (Hannah).

Any day now we will become a family of 4!  We are finally ready (well except for one last home renovation project that starts tomorrow!).  We can't wait to meet our sweet baby Emma! 

Here's what's happening this week...

What's going on with the baby right now?
  • She is about 20" long and is just over 7 pounds (of course this is just an estimate).  She is about the size of a small watermelon.
  • ONE WEEK to go!!
What's going on with me?
  • At my appointment this past week (on Tuesday) everything was great.  Blood pressure, weight and Emma's heartbeat were all perfect.  I am still only dilated to 1cm, so nothing exciting to report there.  However, that didn't surprise me because it was the same with Hannah up until I was induced 4 days past my due date. 
  • Amazingly I lost 2 pounds this week!  So that means I am up 30 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight.  That's 13 pounds less than I was with Hannah at this point. 
  • I am thrilled to say that Emma's room is 95% ready!  YEAH!!  The furniture arrived last weekend and I was so eager to get everything set up that I had most all of it done by Monday.  There are just a few finishing touches we need to do to make it 100% ready, but at this point if she comes, we are ready for her! 
  • My swelling is still very minimal and it looks like carpal tunnel will not be an issue with this pregnancy like it was with Hannah's.
  • Unfortunately the heartburn is still bad and I even had to take Zantac one night to be able to sleep.  However, even if the heartburn is managed, I still can't sleep.  I'm uncomfortable and my mind just won't shut off.  There isn't any one thing I am thinking about but for some reason I get a surge of energy at bedtime, despite being completely exhausted all day long.  Speaking of that, I spent several days this past week in my pjs because I was just so tired!  I assume that is my body's way of preparing for the hard work of labor, so I am trying to rest as much as possible, but that's not easy with a two year old to take of.
  • This coming week is going to be CRAZY!  We have a painter coming tomorrow to paint the foyer, stairs, and upstairs landing.  We have lived here for 5 years now and this is the only area of the house that hasn't been painted...it's time!  However, this process will involve lots of sanding (to remove the oil based paint from the trim and doors) and what I imagine to be a huge mess!  I am a bit overwhelmed with the idea of having to dust my entire house again, but at the same time I am excited to get the home renovation projects done.  We'll see what I have to say about the mess in my next post. :-(
  • Next appointment: Wednesday, June 20th (hopefully this will be my last appointment)
Goals for our remaining days before Emma arrives - Buy a present for Hannah (from Emma), pack the hospital bag, continue cleaning the house, and possibly freeze some more meals for after Emma's arrival. 

No comments:

Post a Comment