Sunday, February 28, 2010

39 Weeks

ONE week to go!!! Maybe less… maybe more…(let's pray for less!)

Hannah:

- 25% of deliveries start with the water breaking and 75% start with labor (contractions)
- The baby moves down the birth canal in measured stations (referring to her head position in relation to the midpoint of my pelvis). Starts at -1 or -2… at 0 her head is at the midpoint… as the number increases, the baby is on her way out!
- About 20 inches in length, weighing just over 7 pounds
- Not much has changed since last week…she’s ready to come out!

Me:
- At my last doctor's appointment on Wednesday, February 24, I was still 1cm dilated and 60-70% effaced.  My next appointment (if I make it that far) is Thursday, March 4.  The midwife also let me know that they will not let me go past March 15, so hopefully Hannah will make her appearance soon!
- Throughout this pregnancy, I have been relatively unemotional.  However, the past week or so my emotions have gotten the best of me.  I have been feeling very anxious and scared about the arrival of our lil' peanut.  I just don't feel ready for the MAJOR changes fast approaching!
- No signs of water leaking or a plug coming out…

- I have definitely reached the "get this baby out of me" stage!  I am ready to have my body back!!  However, like I said, I am very hesitant about her actually being here!  Ahhh, the mixed emotions! 

Preparing for Hannah:
- Hannah's room is ready!  Her crib is made up and her dresser is full of clothes!  
- My hospital bag is essentially packed.  There are a few last minute items that we will have to grab on the way out the door, but other than that, we are ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment