We have made it to Full Term! That means that Hannah can safely come any day now!! :-)
- Many babies have a full head of hair at birth (1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long)… I'm guessing that Hannah will have a head full of hair because of all the heartburn I have been dealing with!
- She’s only adding a few ounces of fat each week from now on – so she’s basically read to come out!
- Body fat is around 8%, but will be closer to 15% at birth
- The longer she stays in, the more time she has to develop connections in the brain
- Weighs around 6.5 pounds and measures 19-20 inches in length
Me:- At my doctor appointment on Monday (Feb. 8th) I was 0 cm dilated and 50% effaced. So, nothing happening yet. We have our next appointment tomorrow afternoon.
- Contractions: Nothing really exciting. Just the occasional Braxton Hicks (practice contractions).
- Total weight gain so far: TOO much!! About 35 pounds :-( But my doctor continues to tell me that I am right on track with my weight gain, so I guess I shouldn't worry too much.
- At my last appointment, my blood pressure was slightly elevated, but nothing too worrisome. Just have to keep monitoring it at each appointment.
- Stretch marks: none
- Tender breasts/leaking: nope
- Signs of mucus plug: nope
- I feel huge! Everything is swollen and I am very uncomfortable! I waddle when I walk and I have a hard time getting up off the couch. I can barely get my own socks and shoes on, so Brian has been helping me with that!
- I can't sleep! I can't find a comfortable position to sleep in, my hands are still tingly, swollen, and painful, and the heartburn is still keeping me awake. I guess this is just preparing me for the sleepless nights that lie ahead.
Preparing for Hannah:
- The dresser for the nursery has still not arrived, but it is scheduled to get here next week!! YEAH!
- Brian's parents came up for the long weekend and we enjoyed spending Valentine's Day with them!
- We are still not finished packing the hospital bag, but we are making progress.