Sunday, February 14, 2010

37 weeks....FULL TERM!

Happy Valentine's Day!!
We have made it to Full Term!  That means that Hannah can safely come any day now!! :-)

Hannah: 

- Many babies have a full head of hair at birth (1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long)… I'm guessing that Hannah will have a head full of hair because of all the heartburn I have been dealing with!
- She’s only adding a few ounces of fat each week from now on – so she’s basically read to come out!
- Body fat is around 8%, but will be closer to 15% at birth
- The longer she stays in, the more time she has to develop connections in the brain
- Weighs around 6.5 pounds and measures 19-20 inches in length

Me:
- At my doctor appointment on Monday (Feb. 8th) I was 0 cm dilated and 50% effaced.  So, nothing happening yet.  We have our next appointment tomorrow afternoon.
- Contractions: Nothing really exciting.  Just the occasional Braxton Hicks (practice contractions).
- Total weight gain so far: TOO much!!  About 35 pounds :-(  But my doctor continues to tell me that I am right on track with my weight gain, so I guess I shouldn't worry too much.
- At my last appointment, my blood pressure was slightly elevated, but nothing too worrisome.  Just have to keep monitoring it at each appointment.
- Stretch marks: none
- Tender breasts/leaking: nope
- Signs of mucus plug: nope
- I feel huge!  Everything is swollen and I am very uncomfortable!  I waddle when I walk and I have a hard time getting up off the couch.  I can barely get my own socks and shoes on, so Brian has been helping me with that!
- I can't sleep!  I can't find a comfortable position to sleep in, my hands are still tingly, swollen, and painful, and the heartburn is still keeping me awake.  I guess this is just preparing me for the sleepless nights that lie ahead.

Preparing for Hannah:
- The dresser for the nursery has still not arrived, but it is scheduled to get here next week!!  YEAH!
- Brian's parents came up for the long weekend and we enjoyed spending Valentine's Day with them! 
- We are still not finished packing the hospital bag, but we are making progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment