Sunday, February 21, 2010

38 Weeks

Only 2 weeks left!!  14 days! AHHHH! :-)

Hannah:
- She has just about reached her birth weight (somewhere between 6 and 8 pounds is average)
- All internal organ systems are pretty much ready for the outside world
- Her meconium stockpile is building up (her first black baby poo)
- She is still head down (YEAH!)

Me:
- At my last doctor's appointment on Monday, Feb. 15th, I was 1 cm dilated and 60-70% effaced.  My next appointment is Wednesday, Feb. 24th.
- Contractions: Nothing consistent, but they are happening more frequently
- I still don't know if she has "dropped"...she has been SO low the entire pregnancy, so I'm not sure if I would even notice a difference.
- Sleep is still hard to come by....so uncomfortable!  Plus, now my stomach feels SO stretched out that it actually hurts!  It feels like Hannah may just pop through my stomach!
- Finger joints are still sore and the tips of my fingers are still tingling!  So strange!
- Itchy!  I am so itchy!  Doctor says it is just the hormones (we can blame everything on the hormones) and is completely normal.

Preparing for Hannah:
- Her dresser has arrived!!!  It is so wonderful to have all her furniture here and ready!  Now we are just putting the finishing touches on the decorations in her room....pictures to come soon! :-)
- Still working on putting the finishing touches on my hospital bag...we will need it really soon! ;-)
- We are meeting with another Pediatrician on Wednesday.  We have met with one and weren't very impressed, so we are hoping that this one will be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment