Sunday, February 7, 2010

36 weeks

28 days to go!  Next week Hannah will be considered FULL TERM! YEAH! :)

Hannah:

- Hannah is gaining about an ounce a day
- She’s shedding the downy hair and the waxy covering
- She is swallowing amniotic fluid, which causes hiccups!  She has been having hiccups everyday (several times per day) for the last few months!
- She is about 18.5 inches long, weighing about 6 pounds
- Survival rate = 99+% and of those, only about 5% have serious complications

Me:
- Still not sure if Hannah has "dropped"...but I don't think so. 
- No consistent contractions yet
- I have been dealing with horrible pain in my hands!  I am pretty sure it is carpal tunnel, but there is also some sort of circulation issue too.  My fingers will go numb and tingly for no reason and there is nothing I can do to make the pain go away.  :-(  Definitely keeping me up at night!
- Still no stretch marks!! YEAH!
- I am definitely ready for Hannah's to be out of my belly, but I am still a bit hesitant for her arrival into our family.  If I have talked to you recently, you know about my emotional hesitation about the big changes that are fast approaching.  I am still feeling a little anxious about that, but ultimately am very excited for her arrival!

Preparing for Hannah:
- Yesterday we took our belly pics with our good friends, James and Lindsay (http://www.adfotos.net)
- We are practicing our Bradley exercises and techniques every night, trying to prepare for an unmedicated birth.  Please be praying for that, if you think about it!  We really want to be able to labor the majority of the time at home and then do the rest in the hospital without any medication.
- We installed the car seat!  Crazy having a car seat in my car. :)
- We picked up most of what we still needed for Hannah...we're ready!!
- We are still working on giving the house a deep clean.  It's just SO hard to find the energy to do anything these days!
- We are still waiting for Hannah's dresser to be delivered...hopefully sometime next week!
- The hospital bags are still being packed.  But it's hard to pack some of the stuff ahead of time since we are still using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment