Sunday, January 31, 2010

35 Weeks

Only 35 days left until our due date!

Hannah:
- She is around 5-6 pounds and 18-20" in length
- Most of her basic physical development is complete… she’ll spend the next few weeks gaining weight.
- Not sure if she has dropped yet...hard to tell.  I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday, so I will ask then.  But I'm thinking she hasn't because I still have horrible heartburn! :(
- She’s running out of room in there, so I’m feeling less tossing and turning, but still some kicks and punches every once in a while.
- She’s the size of a small roasting chicken..HAHAHA
- Survival rate = 99%. Of those, only 8% have serious complications

Me:
- My uterus now reaches up to my rib cage (1,000 times the size of normal)
- No sign of a mucous plug yet! It will come out as the cervix dilates.
- My symptoms right now: joint pain and tingling in my fingers, frequent urination, cramp-like contractions (not often), heavy belly that aches when I move/stand (I'm huge!), stuffy nose, fatigue, swelling
- Still no stretch marks (YEAH!)
- Swelling: my feet after standing too long… and my fingers. I don't even try to wear my wedding rings anymore.

Preparing for Hannah:
- Yesterday was our second baby shower, in Florida.  It was wonderful to be able to celebrate Hannah's arrival with my friends and family down there.  We are so blessed!
- Her room is almost finished!  We are still waiting for the dresser to be delivered and then it will be done!!  I also will not make up the bed for another week or so because I am trying to air out the mattress for a full 28 days.  We started airing it out on January 24th, so that means I should wait until Feb. 21st to make up the bed.  That should give me enough time. :-)
- Our goals for the upcoming week: Finish packing the hospital bag, write our birth plan (to bring to our doctor's appointment on Wednesday), meet with another pediatrician (we weren't very impressed with the first one we met with), and do some major "spring cleaning" of the house (If I can find the energy).
- We are officially on baby watch.  Now that the baby showers are over, we are home for good, just waiting for Hannah's arrival! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment