Sunday, January 3, 2010

Pregnancy: 31 Weeks


9 weeks to go!  Only 63 days left!  Update on our pregnancy....

The Baby:
- Apparently Hannah is about to have another growth spurt....how is that gonna work??  She can't possibly get any bigger! ;-)
- Her kicks have slowed down some...not as much room as before.
- Hannah is getting fatter!  Can't wait to see those chubby cheeks!
- Her eyesight is improving and the iris can dilate & constrict.
- She is approximately 4 pounds and 16 inches long.
- Survival rate at this stage is 96%. Of those, 20% have serious complications.

Me:
- Braxton-Hicks contractions are happening more often now.  This is my body's way of preparing for labor.  My uterus contracts, making my stomach really hard, but there isn't any pain involved.
- Nesting has definitely set in!  I can't stop cleaning and organizing.  Anyone that knows me knows how crazy I am already, so you can imagine!
- Sleeping is getting a bit more difficult, as the heartburn is still awful!  I have a hard time finding a comfortable position and turning over is not an easy task.
- I have been dealing with a lot of pain and swelling in my pelvic area.  That is not fun!  I'm not sure what is going on, but my doctor seems to think it's "normal" and that everything is okay.
- I am exhausted!  Thankfully I am done working now, so I am able to take a nap during the day, if needed.

Preparing for Hannah:
- Over the Christmas holiday, I received loads of clothes for Hannah from a friend.  She is set for clothes for at least the first 9 months of her life!  We are overwhelmed with gratitude for the amazing gift!  We can't wait for her to be here so she can wear all these adorable clothes!!
- We have also gotten a lot done in the nursery...painted the walls, put in new light switches, a new door knob, and put up the hardware for the window treatments.  New carpet will be installed on January 8th.  Then we will be able to start decorating!!  It's all starting to come together. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment