Sunday, January 10, 2010

Pregnancy: 32 Weeks

8 weeks (56 days) to go!!

*At this point, 80% of babies have settled in a head-down position. Most of the remaining 20% do the same over the next 6 weeks.  At our last appointment, the doctor seemed to think that Hannah is already in the head down position.  I personally think she has been head down for several weeks now!  Maybe that means she is ready to get out of there! :)
*Fingernails and toenails are grown in completely
*She's sleeping 90% of the time
*She weighs about 4 pounds and is approximately 16.7 inches long!

*Blood volume has increased by 50%...that explains the shortness of breath when I'm exercising.  I've got a lot more blood to circulate these days!
*Uterus is pushing up into my diaphragm causing shortness of breath and heartburn  (OUCH!)
*Sleeping is becoming more difficult...the heartburn is still awful and trying to get comfortable is almost impossible!
*The hormone relaxin causes the ligaments in my pelvis and lower spine to become loose–preparing my body for labor.

Preparing for Hannah:
*My first baby shower is on Saturday, Jan. 16th!  I can't wait! :)  It will be so fun to celebrate our precious lil' peanut with my closest friends and family!
*The new carpet is in and looks wonderful!!  Now we are waiting for the furniture to arrive.  I can't wait to see the room all done!  I will be sure to post pics soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment