Tuesday, May 11, 2010

2 Months


Hannah is 2 months old today!  I sang her "Happy Birthday" but she was oblivious! haha  I can't believe how much she has grown.  Last night we tried putting her in her newborn sized pajamas, but they were way too small!  We hadn't tried her in the newborn clothes for a week or so, but prior to that they were fitting perfectly.  So she has officially moved out of newborn clothes and exclusively into 0-3 month clothes (although she has been wearing mostly 0-3 for several weeks now).  I don't look forward to the day that she can no longer wear 0-3 months.  :-(

We had a wonderful vacation to Panama City, FL!  We spent 5 days visiting Brian's parents and sister and enjoyed every moment.  Hannah did great with her schedule (I was very worried about that!) and did a great job during the 6 hour car ride.  We decided to leave on Tuesday night (May 4th) after Brian got home from work.  I fed Hannah at 5pm and we got in the car and left.  Her normal schedule is to stay awake from about 6pm-10pm so I sat in the back for the first part of the trip in an effort to play with her and keep her awake.  She did great!  She was a little fussy on and off, so the binky came in handy! ;-)  We stopped around 9pm to eat dinner (we were starved!) and feed Hannah.  After that feeding, I hoped she would go to sleep for the remainder of the ride, so I moved to the front so I wouldn't be a distraction for her.  Well, she wasn't interested in sleeping at all!  She was WIDE awake until the last hour or so of the ride, when she finally fell asleep.  (Rolling down the window seemed to help her...white noise I guess!?)  We pulled into Panama City really late...around midnight and thankfully Hannah went right back to sleep!!  For the rest of the trip her scheduled remained fairly consistent (with a few naps missed because we were out and about) and she slept through the night every night!!  So proud of her! :-)  We had a WONDERFUL time and were so happy to be able to get away for a few days!  I spent one of the days at the Spa with Julie, getting a facial and a pedicure.  It was amazing!  And another day I got a hair cut.  It had been over a year since my last one!  YIKES!  I am so glad that I went short...so much easier! :-)

Mother's Day was wonderful!  Brian surprised me with charms for my Pandora bracelet that spell "MOM"...so sweet!!  It was such a special day, especially when I think back to last year.  Mother's Day was very tough last year, while we were struggling with infertility.  But I will never forget Brian coming home with a beautiful bouquet of flowers for me!  He was so sweet to realize that Mother's Day would be such a hard time for me.  But little did we know that just one month later we would find out that I was expecting!  Hard to believe that it has been almost a year since we found out!!

Now we are home, recovering from our vacation (we have the post-vacation blues...missing family a ton!) and Hannah is settling back in to her normal routine.

Before we left for Panama City, I took Hannah to the doctor because she had an eye infection (her eye was watering and then started gooping..yuck!)  She had to have medicated drops for 5 days and now it looks much better!  We also were prescribed Prevacid for her suspected heartburn.  We gave it to her for a few days, but then stopped because we just weren't sure that was the best thing for her.  It just doesn't seem right for a 7 or 8 week old to be on a daily medication?!  We will speak with the doctor about this at our next appointment (this coming Friday).  At that appointment she weighed 10 lbs 14 oz.  WOW!!  She was fully dressed though, so I feel like that number was a little inflated..but she is at least 10 lbs. now.  Getting SO big!  At her next appointment she is scheduled to get several vaccines, but we are still undecided about which ones we will get (if any).  I HATE making these decisions!  We are praying that God will give us the wisdom to do what is right, but we wish He would just lay out a list in front of us so we would be sure! haha

Here is an update on what Hannah is doing at 2 months:
- Lots of smiles!!  She melts our hearts with her HUGE grin!
- Cooing and "talking" up a storm.
- Sleeping through the night (7-8 hours every night, followed by a 3 hour nap and then another 3 hour afternoon nap!)
- Holding her head up VERY well!!  When on her tummy she can push up her head and chest and hold it upright for several minutes.  So strong!
- Rolling over from tummy to back.  She has been doing this for several weeks now, but for some reason it seems like she is doing it less these days.
- Trying to crawl...she is such a mover!!
- Tracks people and toys with no problem...even from a fairly far distance.
- She is wearing cloth diapers throughout the day (although not at night or during naps).  I am still undecided about them...I like that they are better for her and save us money in the long run, but the clean-up isn't very fun and they tend to leak...boo! :-(  But I will definitely continue!  Even if she only wears cloth part-time, each disposable we don't use helps!
- She is still a good eater and has no issues latching on.  However, she has started to become fussy during and sometimes after a feeding.  We think this is due to GERD (reflux disease) and that is why she was prescribed Prevacid...but again, we aren't giving her the medication right now.  We'll see....

No comments:

Post a Comment