It's 4:30pm and I have accomplished nothing with my day. The life of a stay-at-home mom is a whirlwind. Where does my day go? One would think that with a newborn (well, 9 week old to be exact) you would have at least some time during the day to accomplish something...but one would be wrong. haha The times that I do have to "myself" are usually not to "myself" at all. The moment I sit down to read or check e-mail, the crying begins, or the dog needs to go out, or the doorbell rings, or the phone rings, or the washing machine beeps, or the dishwasher is finished, or I remember that I haven't planned anything for dinner...the list goes on. When I finally manage to find a minute to sit down and "rest" I am exhausted! Who has time to clean or cook a five-course meal? Not me!
Here is what I have accomplished with my day so far...
- Fed Hannah 3 times (6am, 10am, and 1:30pm)
- Changed a bunch of diapers
- Dressed Hannah and myself
- Organized Hannah's closet..That was a major accomplishment for the day!
- Planned dinner (grilled chicken, nothing at all fancy)
- Spent some time in the Word (although it was interrupted several times by a crying baby)
- Talked to my mom on the phone for a few mintues
- Put the dog out (not even enough time to actually take her out...just hung her leash out the front door and let her roam around out there)
Enough procrastinating! Hannah is sleeping (and should be for the next hour or so) so I must go get something accomplished with my day. Maybe I will make a cup of coffee first! :-)