Friday, February 3, 2012

Pregnancy: 20 Weeks!!

HALF WAY!  Brian seems to think time is going fast, but I seem to have the opposite feeling.  It seems to me like I should have had this baby already!  Those first two months of extreme sickness (severe hyperemesis) took a lot out of me, which made it seem like much longer.  But I will admit that the weeks are going faster now that I am feeling better.  So that's good!  Here's what's going on this week....

What's going on with the baby right now?
-She is the size of a small cantaloupe, butternut squash, or banana (depending on which food you prefer) ;-)
-She is about 10" head to toe and weighs about 10.5oz

What's going on with me?
-Heartburn is in full force.  Thankfully it usually waits until nighttime to appear, but that makes sleeping a bit uncomfortable.  I sleep propped up with several pillows, which isn't the most comfortable position.  Thankfully I haven't had to take any zantac for it yet, but I'm sure that won't be far off.
-This week was exciting because I finally got to wear some maternity clothes!  I'm only wearing the tops at this point, as most of my regular pants are still too big.  But I know those elastic waistbands are in my near future....yeah!!  (I know, I'm weird, but I love maternity clothes!  So comfy!)
-Lots of movement from the baby.  She is most active at night, when we are relaxing on the couch.  Brian has felt her move a few times now, which is exciting.
-My dill pickle craving has returned.  I was reading my journal from Hannah's pregnancy and found out that my dill pickle craving with her started around the same time.  Too funny!  This just confirms 100% that we are having another girl. :)  I've also been on a sushi kick for the last couple weeks.  I'm sticking to mostly the cooked variety, but I won't lie, I eat the raw sometimes too.  So good!
-Still nauseous for the majority of the day, but definitely worse in the morning.  But I no longer have to lay on the couch for any length of time because of it, so I take that as a win!  But I do end up laying down a lot in the morning if we don't have an activity planned.  I am just SO tired all the time...still!
-I only have 6 pounds to gain back before I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight.  That means I gained 3 pounds in the last week.  WOW!  I better slow down with this rapid weight gain or I am going to be huge by the time this baby arrives.
-I took my first belly pic last week!!!  YEAH!  I promise to post it very soon!
-My belly button has started to flatten out, which happened with Hannah too. 
-I am starting to get a little sad that Hannah will no longer be the baby of the family.  It's going to be so hard to have to share my time with Hannah and the new baby.  I know I will love them equally, no question, but to have to take time away from Hannah and for her to have to share me and Brian with someone else is going to be tough.  I am enjoying that she has been more cuddly than normal lately (thanks to a cold) and trying to cherish every moment we have left as just the three of us.
-Next appointment: February 8 for another ultrasound!

No comments:

Post a Comment