Thursday, June 3, 2010

12 Weeks Old


Hannah is 12 weeks old today.  She is getting so big and really coming alive.  I'm not sure how much she weighs exactly, but my estimate is about 13 pounds.  She is such a happy baby (most of the time) and such a blessing!  I love spending everyday with her and am so thankful that I have the opportunity to stay at home with her.

Her schedule is about to change a bit, now that she is closing in on 3 months.  Right now her schedule looks like this:

6am - Wake, feed, put back to bed
9:30 or 10am - Wake, feed, playtime
1:20 or 2pm - Feed, put down for nap
5:30 or 6pm - Wake, feed, playtime
9:30 or 10pm - Feed, put down for the night

She does great with this schedule and is finally starting to get into a good routine.  But at 3 months, Dr. Denmark suggests putting them to bed earlier and doing a "dream feed" at 10pm.  She also suggests starting solids at this age.  We still aren't sure if we will do this now or at 4 months, but when we do begin, it will be very slowly.  We are excited for Hannah to be moving into this new stage, but also a bit sad to see our newborn baby grow up into an infant.

These days Hannah is smiling up a storm and cooing and squealing.  She still hasn't laughed out loud, but she is so close!  Any day now....  She hasn't rolled over from her tummy to back in a while, but I keep trying.  She holds her head all by herself now and has such a strong neck and back.  She loves to try to stand up and "walk" and we are practicing letting her sit up on her own too (not even close yet, but she likes to try).  I wish I could stop time right now and freeze Hannah at this age.  I LOVE 3 months (or close to 3 months)!!  I know I will probably say that at other ages, but this is definitely my favorite so far.  She is no longer a sleepy baby, but a happy, playful one!  I love her so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment