Monday, June 21, 2010

25 Things About Me

I thought it would be fun to share some random facts with everyone.  Some you may already know and some may surprise you. :-)  These are in no particular order and are VERY random!   Enjoy!
  1.  I am a sinner, saved by grace! I love the Lord with all my heart!
  2. I have been married for almost 6 years (in August).  I have one child (Hannah) who is 3 months old.
  3. We tried to conceive for 2 years and were successful after our second round of the fertility drug, Clomid.
  4. I grew up in Florida (lived there for 22 years before moving to Georgia after getting married)
  5. My husband (Brian) is my best friend!  We are so alike, it is scary.  We rarely fight because we are so similar and truly have nothing to fight about.  We are definitely a go with the flow couple.
  6. I will be 28 this year.  (I actually just had to do the math in my head because I wasn't sure if I was 26 or 27 right now!  WOW!)
  7. I was born with a life-threatening condition called Pyloric Stenosis where the valve from my stomach to my intestines was narrowed.  This meant that I wasn't receiving the nutrition that I needed and was vomitting up all of my meals.  I dropped down to an unhealthy weight and required emergency surgery on Christmas Eve 1982 (at 1 month old).  Thankfully there were no further complications and all I am left with is a scar across my stomach.
  8. My favorite tv shows are: "Friends", "Bachelor/Bachelorette", "The Office", "Grey's Anatomy", "19 Kids and Counting", "King of Queens", "Modern Family", and "The Middle".  But I rarely have time to watch tv these days.
  9. I love to clean and organize!  I am obsessed with organizing everything.  I have even toyed with the idea of being a professional organizer.
  10. I love being a stay at home mom and this is what I have always wanted to do.  Even as a small child I always said, "I want to be a mommy when I grow up."
  11. We love the SAW movies!  Hard to believe, I know...but we have seen them all and it is our yearly tradition to see the latest in the theater (If you know us, we never see movies in the theater, so this is a special treat!)
  12. One of my greatest pet peeves is when I see a woman driving the car with a man in the passenger seat.  I don't know why this bothers me so much, but it does.  I guess because in my family my dad ALWAYS drove, I just got used to that.  Now seeing it any other way is just weird. 
  13. I LOVE being out and about.  I also like being home some, but I get very antsy if I don't leave the house often enough.
  14. I am a couponer.  We subscribe to the Sunday paper just for the coupons.  I'm addicted to www.southernsavers.com
  15. I have recently developed a love of ice cream (following in my father's footsteps).  My favorite flavor has to be chocolate peanut butter.
  16. I hate cats.  Yuck!
  17. 5 jobs I have had: secretary at a heating and air company, cashier and then office staff personnel at Publix, daycare worker, teacher, mother
  18. I'm definitely not a morning person.  I can stay up late, but hate getting up early.
  19. I took dance lessons for a good portion of my life (12 years).  I did ballett, tap, jazz, lyrical, pointe, and gymnastics.  I plan on enrolling Hannah in dance classes as soon as she is old enough.
  20. I am obsessed with keeping my toe nails very short.  Brian always says I cut them too short, but I definitely don't think so.  I can't stand to have any nail hanging over.  The nail must be flush with the skin....does that make sense?
  21. I shave my legs every time I shower (even in the winter).
  22. I used to bite my nails til they bled!  It was a horrible habit.  I stopped when we got engaged and I wanted to show off my ring without being embarrassed of my fingers. 
  23. I love to cook but I rarely make the same meal twice.  I like to experiment in the kitchen, which has resulted in some meals that had to be tossed in the trash (only 2 or 3 times).  I keep thinking that once I get a good repertoire of recipes I will start making the same ones over and over....but what constitutes a good repertoire?  
  24. I rotate all of my clothes (including socks and underwear).  After I wear something, it is put to the back of the closet or the bottom of the pile in the dresser so that I don't wear it again too soon and so that everything is worn equally.  Obsessive?  But that way I also make sure to purge my closet of things I don't wear...if it's in the front and I keep skipping over it, it's time to get rid of it! :-)
  25. I love to travel (or did before Hannah came along).  We to some amazing places in the past 6 years: London, Paris, Hawaii, Vegas, NYC, St. Lucia, all over FL, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Key West, St. Louis and more.  Life sure is different now that we are parents. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment