- I only use half a dryer sheet for each load. I find that half works just as well as a whole. Better yet, you can skip dryer sheets altogether. But I like the way they make my clothes feel and smell.
- I reuse gallon ziploc bags when I can. When we open a bag of cookies I store them in a ziploc to keep them fresh. Instead of throwing it out after the cookies are gone, I reuse it for something else. Since the cookies were in their original bag still, the ziploc isn't dirty at all. I do this for as many things as I can....ziplocs are expensive and not exactly a "green" product.
- I only use half of a baby wipe on small messes. I tear them in half if it's just a wet diaper and stick the other half back in the container for next time. They tear easily and half a wipe is all I need for wet diaper changes.
- Brian and I rarely buy gifts for each other. Neither one of us has the love language of gift giving or receiving, so gifts just aren't a huge deal for us. We would rather have a hand written letter than an expensive gift. However, it is nice to get a surprise every once in a while. :-) But normally when we want or need something, we just buy it then.
- I save scrap paper if it's blank on one side. Instead of throwing out paper that only has a little writing on it, I try to reuse the clean sides. For example, when I print a coupon it only uses the top of one sheet of paper and the rest is just blank. After cutting out the coupon, I save the rest for writing down grocery lists or other notes. This is definitely the "greener" way.
- I never get my hair cut! This is not because I want to save money, it's more of a matter of laziness really. But I really only get a hair cut once a year, if that. When I do get it cut, I have it cut fairly short and then it just grows out over time. I like going from long to short and I get to donate the hair they cut every time. I also don't color my hair or highlight it because that is just so expensive and really not good for your hair. I figure as I get older and get grey hairs I will have to dye it, so why start now?!
- Brian does all our lawn care himself. Granted we don't have a very pretty yard, but it is maintained and looks just fine for us. We aren't very outdoorsy people, so as long as the grass is mowed, we are fine!
- Brian does our taxes himself. He actually enjoys it....one benefit of marrying a finance guy! :-)
Get To Know The "BFBN"
23 hours ago